sophomore english, Department of Mass Communication, 2005

Sunday, June 19, 2005

What an excellent play & wonderful memory!

傳二 592090616 陳怡如
I was surprised when Albert said that he would like us to present a drama on his English class, and show it on the stage with English department. I was wondering, “Don’t you know we have little time to prepare such drama? You must be kidding, Albert.” But I’m totally wrong, he is serious.


  At first, my group members would like to play a story about Chinese culture, but it isn’t easy to find a good story to play. After several discussions, we decided to recompose the story “Ling san po & Chu yin tai”. We wanted to change the tragic ending to comedic ending. It’s very difficult to create the point to make people laugh. But, I thought we did a great job.

  I’ve never saw another show “Who is playing with Fu Manchu” when we were in practiced, and I have no idea about that story. After watching, I thought that Justin is suitable to act Fu Manchu. He is deserved to be The Best actor. “Shooting paparrazi” is too complicated to let audience get the point in 15 minutes. But they spent much time devising word and setting, and they have an intact composition. After all, I still think our show, “Butterfly Love”, is the greatest play on that night!

  ”Play Boy” is the only one story by make up of English department. I was effective on their word and acting. Their written is reflected to real life. People are skin-deep during this time. Maybe it’s the reason why they won so many affirm. The actor, Alfie, he was very successful on the stage. He leaded the audience to get into the role with him. Maybe, the role he played is a part of him. Ha ha…. In fact, I though another play “The Hunchback of Notre Dame” has a good express. I thought they had showed the great pronunciation of all.

  The show is over. I learned how to accept the comment different from me. How to let your group members understand what you thought. In the other word, I learned much about interpersonal relationship. I was wondering, what play is good play. Should we need such picky? In my opinion, what I learn from my group members, what we share on this show. That’s really what I get. We really had a great time!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home