sophomore english, Department of Mass Communication, 2005

Monday, June 20, 2005

Make A Butterfly Dream

傳二 592090458 林凡 
Through this English play contest, I have had a lot of fun and have gained a lot of experience. These all due to the fact that it is not only the first time for me to act in English, but also it is new for me to perform a play. Our team’s play is based on the famous play in China, “Liang-zhu” and we adapt the tragedy ending to comedy. The reason for us to shift the ending from tragedy to comedy is because we felt that there are enough unfortunately events happened in the society already, even though we don’t have the power to change the whole society, at least we will like our audience to feel grateful and happy through our play.

In our play, I am acting a student in the third scene. This scene is starting from the point that the class starts. One of the main characters, Ying-Tai Zhu, runs into the classroom and she drops her handkerchief on her way. Her classmates make fun of her because they thought Ying-Tai Zhu is a boy who is carrying a girl thing, the handkerchief. My line is appeared after Ying-Tai Zhu makes her argument over the handkerchief. I said,” Are you kidding? That’s girls’ staff. How could a man use this?” When we are rehearsing the play, our director, Cindy, asks us to show our characters in our lines. I feel it is pretty hard to follow her request because for me personally, I couldn’t show up my character’s characterization through only three lines. Therefore, I feel my acting is only fair.

In this contest, the most unfortunate thing is that we didn’t win the aware of “the best stage property.” The reason for me to say so is because we have spend a lot of time and energy to create our stage properties, we even creates our own shoes, sedan chairs, desks and so on. These make me hard to agree with the judge decision.

Also about the play,” Alfie”, which English department perform, other than the script is good, I don’t feel anything else about their play.

The English play contest is already finished. However I felt a lot of pressure when we were rehearsing the play, I still feel wonderful after we perform it. Even though it is a little bit sad that our play didn’t win the judges’ heart, but at least we attracted our audience’s and made them laugh. Maybe winning award is great, but for me, the most important is that we have a wonderful memory and a great amount of fun through the contest.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home